Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please explain what's going on with 91 2023? Why are a lot of these kids trying out for Kooper's? Who is 2023 head coach? I don't know how to copy or forward a thread but there is thread going on 2022.

People assume (know?) that Millon's son is reclassing to 2023. If that happens, people assume that Millon will coach (or at least control) the 2023 team. A lot of kids and parents do not want to play for Millon.

Add that to the team's poor showing in HoCo, and it's not surprising some kids are looking to move.

The Kooper's team was a very good B team last year and is going to try and move up to the A level. The program as a whole is well run and (IMO) less insane than 91MD. So it's not surprising some kids might take a look.

Interesting. There were almost 40 teams in HOCO and Koopers were in the lowest division but could be improved. However A is still in the lower half. I think it may be some kids that do not like MM however if the team were winning it would be fine. I think the reason kids leave is that it is hard to go two years and not win a game. The club is not smart keeping the team in the Elite group. The players who go to Koopers are smart they simply want to play in competitive games. Koopers would do well in the A div. Previous teams that won the B division (G and PGLC) moved up and finished at the bottom of the next level. Team 91 should play A or AA. Which team would then take the spot at Elite. It may be a long shot but 3d is combining Lax Factory and 3d Mid A which is combining two AA teams that were .500 last season they could with a good tryout make it to Elite.