Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs picked up the top 2 attackmen hands down (including the ridiculous T91 MD holdback) as well as one of the top close D players. All played up last year and are not holdbacks (true age appropriate 23’s).

Hawks have best attackman by far. They also have arguably the best lefty attackman. This includes the holdback pickups.
The righty is the best... by a mile. Also have the best goalie and close D.

Clearly you have not seen the kids the Crabs picked up play yet. The hawks better start teaching real defense and get rid of that rec level zone

My post came off like I'm a Hawks supporter. Not the case. I hope you're right and the Hawks don't even make the playoffs. I find them ridiculous because every one of the players mentioned is 15 save for maybe the goalie. Can't say I like the Crabs any better though. Same cheating as the Hawks.

Saying that the hawks are all 15 year olds over and over might make you feel better, but it doesn't make it any more true than the first time you posted it.

as far as the 'rec level" zone goes, I guess the all the cracker jack elite teams in hoco last year should have brought in some "rec level" player and coaches to beat it. . . surely, that was the answer.

And last I checked, the hawks defense was not the ones scoring an average of 14 plus goals against their opponents last spring. while playing every kid on the roster. Maybe their offense is running "rec league" plays too? so unfair.

as for tryout season, I can guarantee the Hawks roster will be 95% the same as last year. and the year before that.
BUT, now that crabs, FCA, Looneys, flavor of the month club up there have traded, held back, swapped, bribed, whatever, new rosters, maybe Hoco will be more competitive this spring.

as much as is galls the Baltimore lacrosse elite, AA county kids can play lacrosse too. And, guess what? They do it while remaining loyal to their teammates and coaches. Even if they lose a few games this spring, and this board lights up with glee, I wouldn't trade places with you club jumpers and back stabbers ever. boy, it must be miserable playing lacrosse up there.