Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both FCA and Crabs got rid of kids that were holdbacks and added on age kids this year. Those holdback kids were bigger and better when they were younger but kids have caught up now.

FCA added 2022 holdbacks and cut on age players from last year. The ones I'm aware of include a middie from 91 and several middies and attack from Crabs. Maybe they also cut some kids who were kindergarten holdbacks, but they added a number of 8th grade holdbacks.

I do agree that the advantages of an extra year (not "a few months") are beginning to fade at this point. But to discount the advantages it gives these kids (and their parents) ignores reality.

The holdback apologists all give the same songs and dances. Everyone knows it is a good advantage while young and gets less and less as the boys get to higher HS grades and college.

What would you rather have, a bunch of good 19 year old HS players or a bunch of good 18 year HS players. Obvious answer to any HS coach.

Most studies say around 19-21 is about the end of physical differences in boys. Not talking about Puberty growth, talking about bulk weight and weight training development.

Now we know you are lying. I am 46 years old and found I am much better at gaining bulk and weight now than I was when I was 19-21