Originally Posted by Anonymous
Same old garbage on this forum on all threads. Tell it to HoCo. Lacrosse: Derek Ludlow - Masters & Grand Masters - 410-313-4706 dludlow@howardcountymd.gov

This isn't advocating either way but soccer made a drastic and immediate change back to age based a few years ago and participation dropped immediately and hasn't recovered. They found parents overwhelmingly sought activities where their kids could play with classmates. The immediate change to calendar year birth date broke up long standing teams and those kids moved on from soccer and have not come back to the sport yet.

I'm not particularly happy about my kid's team having to compete against teams with rosters compositions of 50% and more kids born prior to 9/1 and 75% before 1/1 but it's hard to complain when his team's roster has 4 or 5 summer birthday kids too. And I wonder how I'd feel if a nearby club disbanded and the roster gained a few more displacing even more of the younger birthdays. They'd be better but i'd be even more of a hypocrite.

Do you think when the cheater's get older they will allow "masters" players to play up on "grand masters" teams? Funny thing is that for masters they do verify age.

Actually in Masters & GM they usually allow a certain number of age exemptions per team. So yes, they do allow it.

Yes, I know and I was really just joking about the irony. Usually it is all agreed upon for teams and very transparent, many times it is for goalies and/or to get enough numbers so us older folks do not have to run too much.