Originally Posted by Anonymous

It sounds like your post in sincere. There is a ton of trash talk in these posts and if you are looking for honest advice from anonymous people I will try my best. You can take or leave this advice. I would really speak with my son about playing on a TEAM this year. I started in 8th grade and played on a D1 program. It was a different era and that my not be relevant to today. However the point I want to make it this: Lacrosse is a fun team sport. There is a team for every kid. I have watched different levels and this is true. If you are considering personal training with coaches for your son, ask yourself this: is that fun? is it more fun that games? What kid wants to train and work hard for the season after next? In my opinion kids brains do not see that far into the future. Why prepare for HS before you start 8th grade? Private coaching can be good but you can only get better playing lacrosse and games are fun. I would work to find a team that he fits in and remember that the team is what it is all about or at least was for me and is for my son.

Great post.