Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to MarkMillon for calling a kid on his team "trash" after the game today.

I'm SHOCKED. Shocked, I tell you.

I guess MM is adding to his quotes for players..... Break His arms , Give it to the 9th grader, etc... and now....Trash !

Well that is much better than calling a 7th grader who was coming back from a broken leg a F#$%N P@#$Y in front of his teammates simply because he was running midfield with a slight gimp the first week he was released to play. Good coaches single out players and always blame the losses, or even substandard wins on a player right? It could not possibly be because of Millon's coaching? After all, he is the "GOAT". Calling a kid trash is actually real progress for Millon. That guy is THE worst youth coach without question. He acts like he loves your kid and family and then he just mentally destroys them behind the scenes. Watching ignorant lacrosse parents fall for it is absolutely mind boggling. You are better off handing your kid over to a human trafficker because they wont charge you. His behavior on the sidelines during games is just a peak at what your kid gets ALL season long. Even the adult assistant coaches who coach with him can only take so much and eventually get away from him. If you want your kid to hate lacrosse by high school, let them play for a team MM coaches. Don't fall for the sales, "Im the greatest", "this is the best program" B.S. That guy is EVERYTHING wrong with youth club lacrosse! He is a win at all cost coach. If he has to destroy your kid because he perceives that it will make him look like a good coach, your kid will be his "trash"!

Win at all cost coach? 2023 has now not won a game in 2 full season +1 game. There is a good chance they will complete season 3 without a win. The team had a chance to move down a level where they could compete although not a given they would win the next level down they would at least win some games. It has to be difficult to endure that abuse and loose all the games at the same time. I think what keeps parents paying is the need to be in the elite division. I understand every d1 coach always asks every recruit if they played in the elite division in 8th grade.

I would think they do it to help them in the summer, why not play up if you have the opportunity. Maybe HOCO should have a process for moving the top team from AA up and the bottom team from elite down or something like that.