Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It will be interesting to watch the 2023 age group this fall as play dates and tournaments start. The following teams: Lax factory, Wolfpack, BLC, and Club Blue will now be wearing 3d, True, Express, and Madlax uniforms. Will the play and overall player experience be better, worse, the same? The one certainty is that collectively all of these parents had to pay much higher fees for youth lacrosse. I also noticed that Duke's VA is playing the MD Lax Tournament. I will like to see how the smaller local clubs do.

Why do you say “these parents had to much higher fees for youth lacrosse”? What is your basis?

I have an older kids and a 2023 and after trying out and getting offers for a few teams I am familiar with what some of these teams charge. It is a logical assumption that the national programs with marketing directors and full time office staffs and elaborate networks need to charge more than the local team coached by dads. That is not saying there is not a benefit to a large club in terms of opportunity but it will just be interesting to watch. At this age group the impact is very different from even last season.