Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing time? My son plays for a top DC area team. He comes off the bench. His playing time has been significantly reduced. He basically gets one run a quarter which can be really short depending on the flow of the game. He’s frustrated and unhappy. Curious as to how much time other clubs give to non-starters. Worth switching teams? Better to move to a lower caliber team where he’s a “go-to” player?

I would ask your son rather than pay any attention to a post here. Does your son enjoy the team? Maybe he get's reps at practice. Is he getting better? Does he have HS ties to the team? Is there a team he may like better? At a minimum I would be attending multiple try outs in August. However to answer your question, most teams do play a wider number of players later in HS. This is especially true for the top teams that get double digit college recruits. In HS a parent should not complain about playing time it is earned. However club is a different story. Speak with the coach. If later on a college is interested in your son and attending a tournament, be sure to let the coaches know. He should get more run in that game. If you do not get good answers from the coach leave and pick a different team.