Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teams have 5-7 holdbacks at most. Stop crying that they are taking over your team. There are still 15 or more spots filled by on age kids. If your son didn't make it it probably means he didn't belong on that team. There are so many options out there and there is a place for everyone. But if your son didn't make Crabs or FCA it's not because all the holdbacks forced him out. Things change. In a year your son may be the one that pushes someone else off the roster.

Holdback apologist. It is usually a few more on supposed top teams. But that means these kids gaming the system have taken 5-10 spots that should be taken by on age players. thats 25% to 50% of team players. Pretty sorry state for youth lacrosse.

I'm not a holdback apologist. My son is on one of the 2 teams I mentioned and he is not a holdback. There is no team with 10 holdbacks. Like I said, there are 5-7 older kids on these teams. And even if they are older it's only be a few months. That leaves 15 or so spots that are filled by on age kids. If your son didn't make it he got beat out by 15 kids his age. What is your excuse about those because I'm sure there is one? Do you just tell him it's politics? They're in 8th grade now. This is when kids really start to separate in terms of athleticism. Being big and slow is no better than small and weak. Both FCA and Crabs got rid of kids that were holdbacks and added on age kids this year. Those holdback kids were bigger and better when they were younger but kids have caught up now.

Yes that is why we have so many kids being held back in 8th grade this year. Do you really expect people to believe you??. Crabs cutting MIAA holdbacks over on age kids. LOL.

You don't have to believe me. The rosters will be posted shortly and you can believe it then. Crabs cut several kids that went to prefirst. Crabs didn't have anyone that was repeating 8th grade last year. Neither did FCA. That seems to be a Hawks thing these days.

Not a single 8th grade repeat on the Hawks team... unless the non-impact new goalie is. dummy.

The Hawks picked up a holdback goalie at 2023? Why? The goalies they had were amazing. Why would they pick up a holdback that wasn’t even all that great to begin with. They did that at the 2022 level last year as well.