Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amen. This forum is a lesson is what's wrong with youth sports today and club lacrosse in particular. A bunch of annonomous "adults" arguing over who have the "best" team, who has the most holdbacks, who have the best/worst coach, etc... like it any of it matters. The only things that matter in this regard are 1)is your son having fun playing lacrosse 2)is he getting better 3)are you happy with the team he's on and the way the team is managed. There are players on every team that can answer "yes" to all 3 and others who can't. Find the right fit and play ball and forget about the adults who are trying to relive the glory days of their youth (and it was probably not all that glorious to begin with)

So why are you on here? [/quote]

I can answer that.

What is really interesting to parents with older High School players is the lack of chatter as they get older. I miss the good ole days of 8th grade lacrosse when I had to be on top team . Notice how I said I !!

Look at the 10th. 11th grade threads...Complete Boredom ! Even 9th grade is limited ... I come here for my dose of humor as I watch who is better, what club is terrible/best . Frankly every year it is almost the same enlightening chatter in the 6-8th grade threads. Well done this year I must say !

My days of living thru my younger boys and their friends are over , now my last one is his own person, and him and his HS teammates now laugh about the stunads we parents were just a couple years ago. So my advice is enjoy this total delusional point about who is best/worst/holdbacks/etc/etc and all the other glorious things to argue about....... It wont last long and will be completely gone by beginning of 10th grade.

But luckily for all of us with older players, every year there is a new group coming in to entertain.