Originally Posted by Anonymous
Zone D working out today?

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

Love it!!! The crabs holdbacks are just better than the hawks holdbacks.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose. As a parent of a player and as a player...you get zero respect if you are a hold back. If I chose to move my son down to 2024 he would stand out. I choose not to and he is still a great player. There is no reason to hold a kid back unless you are trying to give your kid an advantage. It is ridiculous to give so much credit to a kid who is potentially two years older than
1/2 the kids on the field. Much more respect to the players who play great and who are of age. I give zero attention or focus to the kids who are holdbacks. I think it is embarrasing and I would not want this for my son. Cheers to the folks who think this is good for their kids...it is not! You literally have kids graduating High School who are 19 or 20. No thanks! No pats on the back for the kid who dominates at 15 1/2 when my most are 13...it is laughable. I only say this now because the kids who dominated the field this past weekend were the holdbacks. You will most likely win having the holdbacks but you most definitely will not get respect!

It’s great to watch kids who work hard and have a passion for the game, regardless of which team they play for. I always say to my son, “man that kid on the other team is great, watch how he plays” … That kid probably keeps the stick in his hand off season, maybe runs or hits the weights, watches games on TV and just understands the strategies and flow. When it’s apples to apples, you have to admire a boy who just outworks everyone else..
On the other hand, when you play for a pretty big travel program and the coach “calls up” players from “affiliated” programs for tournaments and those kids turn out to be 14 or 15 and 30 pounds heavier than most other players.. that stinks.
And it stinks to pay $x,000 while your son, who plays half/three quarters of a regular game, is getting less than 10 minutes while the monster call up is on the field most of the game… of course he gives the team a better chance of winning but how is this fair? Why am I paying so much money to subsidize the training of a kid with a mustache?

It’s a respect issue for sure but more so, you have to question not only the integrity of the travel program but the sport in general in which this rampant abuse is permitted and kids are getting hurt.

It’s a joke reading the home page of many local travel teams:
“committed to running the highest quality tournaments and events in the country”
“developing lifetime skills such as leadership, teamwork and good sportsmanship.”
“Lacrosse program to help the next generation of players discover and enjoy the game”
“emphasize player development, life lessons, and a love for the sport.”