Originally Posted by Anonymous
only three elite teams(all full of holdbacks)
AAA DC Dogs Crabs and Hawks
AA NL Looneys FCA DC Express SR Cavaliers VLC cannons
A API BO USS Carriers eastside Koopers 3d FCA(B) Lonneys(B) PLC Mid Atlantic
B the rest

Saw VLC play this weekend at the abbreviated Harvest Classic. Not even close to a AA team.

???That may be fake news. If we are talking about HOCO divisions, this team lost by four to a top team in Freedom and won 10-1 in the second game. They won the AA Div last season how could they not be close to being AA? Are you saying the should be Elite? or A either way your post makes no sense.

VLC is not AA - they are A at best. Freedom could have beat them by a lot more. VLC had very little offense in that game, It wasn't even close. As for their 10 - 1 blowout of PA Roughriders, they are a B team.

OK - I am not a VLC parent but want to clarify: This is a MD-DC-VA group not a PA group or NJ or NY. We actually have a league in the spring with divisions. Call them whatever you want I do not care but in our Howard County Park and Rec. Spring league there is B, A, AA, and Elite. This team won the AA league. Therefore to say they do not belong in the AA league is incorrect. My son plays for Next Level and they are in the Elite Division so the above post is also incorrect for the spring unless the person posting feels that we should only have three teams in the Elite division.

I like VLC. Some good kids and coaches thru the years. But at this age group, VLC is good, not great. Look at summer results. Beat the average and weak teams, lost to every elite team they played. Nothing wrong with that. VLC belongs in the second tier of wherever they play, whether you want to call it AAA, AA, AA Elite or whatever. Same goes for all the other one-loss regular season HOCO AA teams from last spring.