Originally Posted by Anonymous
When you profit from operating a club, camps, clinics saying your products and service will take players to the next level but hold your kid back in 8th grade that should be highlighted to expose the hypocrisy. And this forum should allow it. The parents and kids holding back know exactly what they are doing.

I honestly don't have a dog in this fight, but who cares if a kid is held back at this level? As long as they are age eligble by High School standards what does it matter? Who defines what "next level" really means. Hold your kid back if you don't like it, if you have the means.

Because it is wrong at the YOUTH sports level. No one cares what you do for your child and his development, What you do doesnt give you some select privilege to play against younger children in YOUTH sports.

If you want all these holdbacks to play..fine, then put age back a year and let anyone that wants to play at that grade play! including anyone that wants to play down,,,,not just the holdbacks..Real Simple Solution......But that wouldnt give little select Johnny the advantage he gets now.

I am not the person who posted either comment but I think you are missing the point here. No need to beat the deadhorse of holdbacks that is on any board on any website. What is unique here is that the player's parent in this case is the one who advertises a level of coaching and development that is designed to get a player to the next level. If the system and program is so successful why would that parent need to holdback his own kid? Is he not developed enough to earn success in HS and College without playing down a year? The rules allow it but there is a cost involved.