Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hold up, you aren't told which team you're on after tryouts??? Who the heck, would play for Breakers based on that right there? I don't get it. What's the draw? Their summer camps? Aloha tournaments...don't get me started.

High Cost and the drumbeat of Aloha tournaments is a big negative. At one time he had one of the two big clubs in Baltimore ( Breakers and Crabs) along with majority of tournaments. Outrageously expensive even then to play for Breakers. Now monopoly is over.

Only fringe players with out of touch parents would play for this club. Frankly it has been a money grab for years. It is now geared towards recreational teams that want to act like Club teams. I guess there is a market for everything now

Save your money. Play for one of the rec teams in area.

Breakers has two 2023 teams - AAA and A divisions in HoCo and both made the playoffs. Top team can beat top FCA and Looneys teams and the second team at least played in an appropriate bracket unlike FCA and Looneys. It’s under $2000 for both teams. Which club is the money grab?

No way Breakers beats FCA or Loonies. Not that Loonies and FCA are that good, but Breakers is just doesn't have the depth to run with them. Part of the issue may be having the "AAA" team practice against the "A" team every day. That's a whole nother level versus what the "Elite" teams face each week. They could be great teams to play on and hopefully their players are happy, but doing well in one division does not mean you can be most of the one above you. Breakers moved up by bringing on the players cut from the better teams as well as some of the top Lax World players when that team folded. Solid, but not great.