Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Madlax player is 2018 with a fall 1999 birthday. He has not been held back and does not play down, but he is very big. I'm not a fan of the grade based system, but calling a team or a particular kid a cheater based on your uninformed assessment of an online photograph is offensive.

I am the just prior poster, see prior post. You can always find big 13 year olds and small 13 year olds, etc. for their age. If we keep it at that the worst of all worlds is this alone which we will need to accept, some kids are big for their age. I agree it is awful and classless to point at a photo of a kid and say "look at that one", especially when it is crying wolf because it isn't a held back kid. Look at this through my eyes. I have a son who repeated an early grade for health reasons. He is nail skinny but over 6'0 as an eighth grader now and the searing and unwelcomed looks we see and parent comments we hear are sickening. If they just put him with kids his birth year, he'd still be a tree next to a kid like in that photo, but at least it would disarm this problem of cheaters, doing this to be recruited, etc. Level it out and make it fair. Soccer parents aren't complaining and their kids are being recruited early by NCAA coaches who are not complaining either. Simple and fair.

We know Madlax and that 2018 team, and they are a terrific team with great players. That said, I do have one salty comment for that program: it is YOU the club owner, coaches and parents who have promoted these kids as 14 year-old public figures. Two Madlax early commits are trending like Justin Bieber now on Twitter from lacrosse recruiting journalists, camps, clinics and events guys. Little kids have Twitter accounts headlining their school and graduation year...and they are 9th graders and these schools are the colleges they won't attend for another 4 years! And now you'd like to jam toothpaste back into the tube and whine that people get on anonymous forums or other internet mediums to aim negatives at a kid? I share the disgust in the commentary onto minors, but give no credibility to the Madlax, Crabs, Sweetlax, etc. "victim nation" when it bites back. The fault is plainly on the club and the parents straight to the ground.