Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am curious. This upcoming summer all of the club teams in Maryland, PA , Canada have gone grade base ..some to accommodate holdbacks others??. What will long island teams do about this. Arent Long island teams already at a disadvantage with grade base teams due to Dec1/Jan1 school start birthday. Maryland is Sept 1.
Does Long Island Teams have any holdbacks teams??

I still think this Edge policy of openly registering teams in younger brackets will force other clubs to follow suit in order to compete on equal ground. This will spread unless aggressively policed by tournament directors. I think the web page copy of the Edge advert for 9th graders to come try out for the 2019 team is what pushed me over the edge. They plainly use this as a marketing ploy "you will be playing against American 8th graders...."

Why would a college coach want to see prospects playing against younger competition?

He wouldn't, but this is the environment created by early recruiting. Stop recruiting 9th grade kids and all of this stops. I do think an open practice of fielding kids one year up from their competition is absolutely wrong. I read on this forum a copied portion of the website advert from Edge lacrosse. I just can not believe these guys would advertise their 2019 team will be constituted by 9th graders. Come on guys, have you no shame? Its youth lacrosse!?!?

Regarding the reposting of team photos, once its in the Ethernet of the cyber world, it is free game. Someone from Edge must have posted those photos, correct?

It's not free game when the posting of the picture is followed up by the singling out of individual barely-teenaged kids. That's called CYBERBULLYING. "Come on guys, have you no shame? It's youth lacrosse!?!?"