Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is no cheating. There simply is no age requirement.

Ludicrous. What other youth sport allows kids 2, maybe 3 years apart to play together when there is so much contact between the players. I don't see how the marginal benefit of playing kids 2 years older (unless they are always playing older kids, it is marginal) is worth the risk.

Now, as always, someone will come along and say "well maybe then your kid should not play lacrosse". Nope, sorry, my kid is a stand out 2019AA, but put him up against 16 year olds and it's just no contest.

Every middle school sports team where I live has 3 year age gaps. Usually there a a few non voluntary holdbacks. It doesn't seem to cause safety issues. 2019's are going to be practicing and playing against 18 and 19 year olds once school starts. Playing against a couple of 16 year olds probably would be good for them.

Nobody is saying that your kid shouldn't play lacrosse. If there really is a tournament with teams with several 16 year old 2019 players than don't play on a team that goes to that tournament. Put him on a team that goes to tournaments that he can have success in.

The only downside is you have to listen to holdback parents talking about how great their kids teams are when they are really just playing against younger kids.

But the good thing is that you are only worried about safety and making sure that your son walks off the field with a smile on his face so it is not a problem to play on a different team.

If you were focused on bragging than your son is a standout AA player and winning all of the time than it would be a problem but fortunately that isn't you.