Had nothing to do about a team, someone got hurt and the explanation from The organization was a lie. Then it blew up. [/quote]

Great point about the kid getting hurt by Edge. That is when I became aware of holdbacks and really took notice when the posts started flying about Edge lacrosse registering their teams against younger competition in tournaments. But, it will take more than a broken arm or leg. Once a 12 or 13 year old receives an injury from an older player that could be deemed more severe than an acute break, the lawsuits will fly and this practice will be ended by tournament directors because their liability insurance will demand strict adherence to age appropriate brackets. Sad but true. [/quote]

Quick question: US Lacrosse sanctioned events for youth is aged based, so I assume that events where teams are grade based are privately insured. Am I correct? If so, those policies will get very expensive if there is an expensive claim and if there is precedent for liability. Insurers may also choose to not insure private lacrosse events. That more than anything would blow up the grade based youth team format.