Originally Posted by Anonymous

My son's coach believes we are playing in a MadLax tournament this summer that will also be attended by Edge Lacrosse. Hopefully I'll get to see first hand the size difference. Does anyone know if they are still registering teams one year younger than actual in tournaments?

Actually the Canadians felt so bad about the LI dads complaining on the internet they have decided to go back to the 2018 class. BTW heard their pole has offers from UNC, Virginia and an Ivy League school. So I guess that reclassifying thing is really hurting them.

How does a player's verbal commitment justify an entire program cheating? Edge Lacrosse registers their teams DOWN a year. No holdbacks, they have simply decided to give their teams an "Edge" by playing against younger teams. How the heck is that even permitted by tournaments?[/quote]

I have to say that I find it appalling to watch this current trend of hold-back kids and cheat-back teams in Canada.

The Canadian teams that I played, and later coached against, had the box-lax toughness and relished the challenge of playing the American teams, age-appropriate.

What kind of lessons are they teaching nowadays?

I would love to hear what Mike French, Stan Cockerton, the Gaits, etc have to say about the Edge program. [/quote]

not sure what they would say about Edge, Mark Cockerton 24 when he graduated from UVA. Gaits and I have the exact same bday but they started and finished a year later. Maracheck is just a year younger and he was a freshman when paul and gary were seniors. this is not a new phenomenon - in Canada or us. just accelerated and more attention