Originally Posted by Anonymous
Except it's not cheating. God, you uneducated LI dads are a riot.

It's the definition of cheating

cheat - act unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination

That is from the dictionary. Can not really debate this?

I would beg, borrow and steal and cheat to better my child's future

So you would knock over a liquor store at gunpoint if it meant your kid could play lax at a D1 school? You don't mean that....so stop talking like a dope.

That's what you don't get dummy. It's not about the lacrosse. It's about using lacrosse to get access to otherwise unattainable academic opportunities which change a life trajectory and potentially genet ions. If repeating 8th grade gives my kid a better shot at an ivy or duke then yep I will do it.

Here is what you don't get: if your kid isn't up to par academically to achieve IVY standards and the required academic index; then your hold back intentions are wrought with disillusionment. Just because an IVY shows interest does not mean that your middle of the class kid will get in; so keep an eye on that community college as that is where he will end up if you plan on winning a lottery ticket without the grades to support it.

Better off spending your lax money on tutors for junior if you feel IVY is unattainable without lax.