Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Scholarships are a pipe dream, yes they are out there, but for any given kid, the chances are very, very slim. If your kid is good enough to qualify, then I don't think a year either way is going to make a difference.

Have a friend who's son was recruited as a sophomore from a top club to a D1 school (winner of multiple national championships) - and he only got a partial scholarship.

Take all your club fees, private lesson and clinic fees, along with the money spent for gas, food, and hotels, for all of those tournaments over the 6-8 years that you do this, put that money in and index fund, there's your scholarship.

Father of the 2020 soon-to-be 2021 hold back is here again...to be clear, my son is an A-A+ student so no academic issues and is a solid A-A+ player. Since US Lacrosse allows it, we are simply holding him back a year to give him yet another advantage, it's legal/within the rules, so what's the problem. Last piece of information for you all - I make a ton of money, so don't need scholarship $$$, this is all about putting my son in the best position possible so he can be the best under US Lacrosse rules. You only live once people...

So I take it your child is in 5th-6th grade. With my children now playing in high school and still being a coach, just hope junior continues to grow and continues to be quick. I've seen many little superstars fade by the time their in high school.