Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sure he's a good kid who doesn't need to play down.

It's the "plans to PG" basis of playing down that is so ludicrous to readers.

This isn't complicated. Top clubs just need to tell tournament directors that they expect graduation-year teams to actually be made of teams actually in that class or they will go to another tournament.

Fall 2014 - Edge 2019 Team (2000 Born/ U15)

We will be hosting INVITE only tryouts for the fall 2019 team. Looking for grade 9 or exceptional 8th graders to compete with us this fall. We expect this team to be very strong and compete against the top grade 8/U15 teams in North America.

This is truly disturbing. If I were a college coach, I would want to see kids competing against their peers, not against little kids.

The idea of my taking my 2020 team and playing in 2021 divisions in 2016, on the basis that they will all be recruited by boarding schools in my state that sometimes have kids reclass or because they will PG or because they will take a "gap year" in Europe is insane. Hey, those boarding schools and Culver recruit Canadians. How about you actually reclass?

Promising to go PG 4-5 years before it is to occur should not be the basis for playing down.