Originally Posted by America's Game
As a parent of a child who's son did Blue Chip it is widely known that at the parent meetings it is encouraged to repeat either 8th grade or do a PG. I think that if a child is planning on doing a PG he should play in the year he or she is in until they PG. There is a player on a 2018 team that is a 2017 and has yet to PG but is playing down. What if he decides not to PG. Would that team be cheating? A lot can occur between now and the PG year.

Until lacrosse goes to birth year format this will always be an issue. As a youth soccer player there players on my team that were in the year below class wise but because they were born in November and December of the year I was born they had to play with us.I always thought playing up was the best way to get better not play down.

US Lacrosse "is working on this", I'm told. Now, I don't know how big of a technology issue rolling out player cards and monitoring is, but until they have a working solution in place, US Lacrosse should at the very least post an age/birthdate standard for competition.

In "Most" states, Sept 1-August 31 is the accepted standard for competition. If local lax organizations start abiding by this calendar standard, we could clean-up a lot of the games some clubs out there are playing.

If this became the "new' standard, nobody would be able to play-down, or hold-back anymore.