Originally Posted by Anonymous
One of my son's teammates had his arm broken by an Edge 2019 player last Fall. Protect your players.

Are you suggesting injuries don't happen even when kids are the same age? Are you going to keep your child from playing high school lax to protect him? I'm all for proper age structure in athletics and agree lax needs it, but if your child needs protection from a kid who is only one year older, maybe a different sport is order.

Yes, that's what I'm suggesting....are you serious? HS is different, the size and maturity gap in the 13-15 year range can be immense. I'm encouraging the coach to follow his prime directive and protect his players. Period.

HS is different? What HS did you go to that your avg freshmen was anywhere near as physically mature as the avg sr? Never even mind freshmen, every 2019 LI dad is licking their chops for little Johnny to make varsity as an 8th grader this spring, the championship belt of lax parent bragging rights. I can only imagine how fast you would trade Little Johnny's safety for a spot on varsity, but playing kids one year older, oh my.

High School is different because the parent and player CHOOSE to play against older players and can weigh the risks. How can you people argue that whole teams playing down is kosher? Why do you people challenge the toughness of a 13 year old and the sanity of fair play?

Choice is everything. Unfortunately the people running tournaments couldn't care less. Player safety should be the number 1 priority of every adult involved at the youth level.