I don't think you have a true grasp of what Edge is doing. They aren't travelling down to these tournaments to get better or to test themselves. That's what box lacrosse is for, where the norm is for the best players to age up. Any false sense of abilities gets quickly sorted out once you are in junior playing 20 year olds. Your worth as a player in Canada is decided first and foremost by the ability and toughness you show in box. These recruiting tournaments are strictly business. They are coming down to get scholarships and it's working because the college coaches do not care one bit. In fact, they come up to Canadians and actively instigate reclassifying. While I wholeheartedly agree that the practice of dropping a team down is wrong and should be eliminated, the same should be done for the practice of holding kids back at kindergarten and grade 8. Edge didn't open the door, they just kicked it wide open. If you have even one relassified kid on your club team, unfortunately you have no right to complain about Edge. Either there are rules or there isn't and right now there isn't. The only way to stop it is for people to demand US lacrosse adopt a hard age policy in line with box lacrosse in Canada or youth hockey/soccer. It's actually amazing that there isn't to be honest. Until then, if Crabs, Dukes, etc., keep relassifying, expect Edge to keep doing it too. [/quote]

Could not agree more with the sentiments expressed above. At present, there are effectively no rules. The US clubs are only upset at Edge because Edge "out gamed" them. US Lacrosse is unhappily the answer here. Any thoughts as to how to bring organized and concerted pressure on US Lacrosse? Although a completely different area, watch the helmet issue. I am attaching a link to a post put out by US Lacrosse to refs relating to how noncomplying helmets are to be handled.

https://www.[lacrosse]/Group...t%20-%20Officials%20Memo%20-%20Final.pdf

Under the caption of "Why is this important" is this lead sentence. "The safety of players is the most important thing and is everyone's responsibility in the game." If that is the position (and it certainly should be), then US Lacrosse needs to be actively be pushing for age based restrictions.