Originally Posted by Anonymous
Theres a big difference between a 5'10-180lb 13 yr old and a 5'10-180 15 yr old. Im not trying to scare anyone. My son plays on a elite travel team that always plays up a year or two. And it got a lil scary when we were a U13 team playin at NXT Cup in the U15 B division. You start getting into your third game of the day on a hot summer day and your boys don't have the stamina anymore and cant play at full speed like the older kids. Things can get very ugly. Thank God we escaped without injury but I can see it happening very easily. I always been a firm believer of playing up but as you get older the boys become bigger and faster and play the game at a different level. Lets start putting the kids safety and well being first and teach them the game of LAX in front of winning a tourney. You remember state titles and national championships. Not a medal from winning a tourney at Laxfest. Lets keep it real and do the right thing!!!!

Your post confuses me. Tell me if I'm understanding.
You placed your son on a team that plays UP at least two age groups as you explained and it got "a lil scary" because of factors you stated? Right so far?
Ok, then you are saying that kids should all play ON AGE right? Yet your kid plays UP and it makes you as a parent "scared". You then said "let's keep it real and do the right thing!!!"
I think you said there is a real danger of injury and/or death allowing age differential in lacrosse yet although you are "scared" you let your kid do it. That seems completely nuts if I'm following you correctly.....I mean your argument of course.