Originally Posted by Anonymous
So how to organize these thoughts and get them officially put in front of US Lacrosse. Is there a procedure for new petitions?

This is the issue. Contacting US Lacrosse on an individual level feels good (I encourage anyone so inclined to do so as I have), but I am sure it makes no difference.

An organized effort might make a difference (particularly with the growing helmet fiasco). US Lacrosse is a very weak organization that so far as I can tell is captive to the clubs. That being said, US Lacrosse is now issuing cards to player members with their membership number and birth date, so the beginning of an infrastructure seems to be place.

Realize that we are up against the clubs and club owners who like the present system just fine. The clubs advocated for the current grade based non-system and they "own it". The grade based teams makes putting teams together administratively easier and the opaqueness of grade based teams (without age bands) gives the club owners maximum flexibility to "game" the system (which they absolutely do).