Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long Island is the armpit of America.

That's exactly what I am thinking when I'm with my family on the Great South Bay fishing or water skiing, enjoying the awesome beaches, in NYC at a museum, taking my wife to a Broadway show or riding the train home from my job in the financial district. "Armpit"? you have no idea what its like to live on Long Island.

Competition breads success, cheaters become losers.

You paint a nice picture of Strong Island and I agree with your last sentence. I am trying to raise sons to become men and I welcome the competition, that is real life. West Islip dad. I wouldn't even contemplate holding my son back. You people don't even give your sons a chance to struggle to succeed, that creates character. Lame.
our problem is when your done raising your ons to be men there still in high school playing against our boys, and still losing my I add. It's kind of funny how your 19 year old still can't beat our 16 year old

I'm not holding my sons back and am against holdbacks flatly, perhaps you're confused. Are you the weak minded MD Dad who's posts read like they wish they lived on LI and worked in the greatest city in the world? Its nature my friend. The biggest and smartest run the world, the rest live elsewhere. Enjoy your crab cakes.

Best post yet.