Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Scholarships are a pipe dream, yes they are out there, but for any given kid, the chances are very, very slim. If your kid is good enough to qualify, then I don't think a year either way is going to make a difference.

Have a friend who's son was recruited as a sophomore from a top club to a D1 school (winner of multiple national championships) - and he only got a partial scholarship.

Take all your club fees, private lesson and clinic fees, along with the money spent for gas, food, and hotels, for all of those tournaments over the 6-8 years that you do this, put that money in and index fund, there's your scholarship.

Father of the 2020 soon-to-be 2021 hold back is here again...to be clear, my son is an A-A+ student so no academic issues and is a solid A-A+ player. Since US Lacrosse allows it, we are simply holding him back a year to give him yet another advantage, it's legal/within the rules, so what's the problem. Last piece of information for you all - I make a ton of money, so don't need scholarship $$$, this is all about putting my son in the best position possible so he can be the best under US Lacrosse rules. You only live once people...

So holding him back, like being left back, like the special kids? Here's a news flash if you are good enough, everyone can play in college especially if you have tons of money. So hold him back like the special kids so he can be a stronger lacrosse player. You my friend are what is wrong with todays parents of an athletes. When he blows his knee out or decides he doesn't want to play in school then what. Its the kids life, not yours. WHAT A TOOL OF A PARENT! I look forward to him coaching my grandkids as a Express summer coach making a few pennies 15 years from now. (something tells me the original email is probably a joke, but with todays parents you never know.)