Originally Posted by Anonymous
If u think let's just say , Laxfest gets registration from Edge , do you really think they are going to tell them no ? And do really think the top LI teams would pull out ? I didn't think so.

Why wouldn't a program director reject the registration of a team that's practices could jeopardize the safety of unknowing younger players and then hold the director's accountable? There are PLENTY of "elite" or top tier programs to register for a tournament. I certainly wouldn't take on the liability nor could I sleep at night if a kid was seriously injured and I couldhave prevented it.

I respect your points, and the best route is for your club owner to answer to you the customers. Tell him to not sign up for tournaments that will allow grade based youth teams. If you are an elite club, there are always going to be other elite tournaments. The tournament organizers will shift very fast if they lost Sweetlax, LI Express, Team 91, Dukes, top NE clubs WCS from their tournament draws. The unfortunate truth is the loudest cheerleaders are guys like your club owner who support the reclassified schemes and sign you up for it. The consumers need to say no. If they won't for the sake of having their kid on an elite team it doesn't work and we can't complain about it for now.

Why would EXPRESS pull out ? Don't they have lots of large, left back players? ? ?

Having a few players who were held back is different than a program playing teams a division younger with the excuse of intent to PG. Just my opinion. I'm NOT in favor of these parents who hold their kids back because their kids can't cut it on the field but playing teams down without holding them back is unacceptable in my book when its systemic.

Merry Christmas to all. Lets hope Santa brings some common sense to the sport.

It's still cheating all around.

Cheats the normal kids these cheaters have to play against

and

the legit kids that get passed over.