Originally Posted by Anonymous

Again with the goodfellas? Your son must be so embarrassed of you.

My point wasn't about whether little Johnny met the index criteria, dumb dumb. It was most of the top players at the top schools hold backs. A quick look at duke's roster shows at least 20 players are hold backs. Not ever player lists a birthdate so likely even.

Deemer class, myles jones, case mathesis, Kyle turri, Ben Scharf, chris coady, Seamus Connelly, Jamie Ikeda, John Schaffer, Alex prezioso, Brian daily, James Riley, joe kruy, Justin George,Morgan Kirby, justin gutterding, jack Rowe, will hemdrickson, Greg Shea,

My other point was the venom you spew on "cheaters" taking spots from true on age players doesn't seem to apply to your kid who had to use lax to get into a school he would not otherwise be able to. So the spot he is taking from a more deserving student isn't unfair? A little hypocritical no?

Did you actually write,"dumb dumb"?? Seriously?

You point has so many holes (like your sieve of a brain) that you don't understand that your point is moot. My son was recruited and qualified to enter academically and athletically WITHOUT CHEATING. get it mr simpleton?
He was pursued aggressively by Duke, Multiple IVY's, ND and many more.

Those schools deemed he was worth recruiting and did not say to him you need a PG or a hold back year. Apparently he is good enough for them with out the needed cheating that you so feverishly support.

The fact that the entire roster of Duke that you posted needed to do a PG or a hold back year shows that Duke isn't entirely interested in the overall well being of the academic aspect of those they recruit, but rather they focus more on winning and thereby taking a whole roster of kids that would then fall into your category of taking student spots from legitimate academic kids. Duke is desperate to win. They take whole squads of academically unqualified kids and to what end? Winning. Then what to do with all of those liberal arts and education majors who come out with poor credentials overall and end up coaching to supplement their poor paying jobs.

Majoring in Beer and strippers at Duke and playing lax is not a goal my son desired.

Again; my son did not need to cheat. He was pursued actively as stated and chose according to what he wanted as an academic experience and not so much on the Athletics of any given institution.

There is no hypocrisy here when he is the academic equivalent of those that the schools turn away. Schools now look for aspects of a student that can bring more diversity to the student body, else every higher academic school would be filled with 4.0
'So that offer nothing back to the school itself.

Lastly, if you cannot understand the attempt to inject a little humor into this pointless discussion, then you are seriously too uptight. This is illustrated by your inability to capitulate and thus the constant whining about holdbacks.

Real age on athletes who are good enough athletically and academically will alway rise above the 14th graders and be done with school 1-2 years earlier. Starting their postgrad years while holdbacks ar still counting on their fingers.

Now just where is that box of yours anyway? ;-) [/quote]

If you are saying that your son turned down Ivys, duke and notre dame and chose a school he would have gotten into without lax anyway then you're both idiots.