Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is pathetic. It will reach a point where lacrosse honeymoon is over as a growth sport and kids who are good athletes will go to real sports that have more scholarship programs and money.

Remember how exciting it was when Michigan went varsity, then a few other programs added on in Furman, U Richmond? It seemed like lacrosse would roll on. No D1 new programs follow through, no momentum in the big $$ conferences like SEC and Pac 12. No follow through in ACC. Why not Miami and Fla State and Ga Tech? Those are all high growth youth game areas? No CU Boulder no USC or UCLA or even a UC Irvine. Those are all wildly popular areas. I think college administrators are laughing at the thought of starting a lacrosse program. The only rumored new D1 program now is College of Charleston, a.k.a. CoC, a.k.a. I couldn't get into Clemson but my parents have $60K a year for me to go somewhere for 4 years. A better question than is this what the sport has come to would be is this all lacrosse will be? A country club kid sport with some socially [lacrosse] parental additives from places like Canada or Baltimore where kids are 20 before they go to college?

Hmmmm, I thought schools like Florida and Florida st in the south. Arizona and Stanford out west and a few big Midwest schools were looking to turn their club programs into varsity programs. And by the way wasn't this sport always a country club kid sport mixed with a few blue collar kids. So I am not sure what you are getting at.