Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is all about the MONEY!!!! The (men?) running these top teams are also running these tournaments! How come one of the biggest L.I. tournaments didn't even ask for waivers last year? So teams could play down or liability when a fifth grader gets paralyzed by a seventh grader on the same field! They are not playing for glory, but so that team can win and said team can make more MONEY!!! The new angle is these teams are fielding and entering multiple teams per grade level and combining kids from both teams to which ever team makes finals!!!
How come when these kids hit High School level and can not play down (because the recruiters are watching) these great TEAMS can't win a game!!!
For all the Teams playing at the right level and putting their kids in the best Colleges, we look forward to playing these teams in the future. This is not about the MONEY but the KIDS and the legacy of this great game.

It is about the money and the clubs and a completely ineffectual national organization, US Lacrosse, that has as its core mission precisely what it refuses to do, promote player safety. I would encourage concerned parents to contact US Lacrosse as I have done. I do not expect that any one complaint to US Lacrosse will do anything, but if enough people complain (and expose US Lacrosse for being completely ineffectual) then perhaps US Lacrosse will feel some pressure to do something. Anything at this point would be an improvement.