Originally Posted by Anonymous
college coaches have always said...when do we get them on campus? They don't care...this whole reclass thing may explain why LI sucks so bad at the UA tournament....all their guys are a year younger

I understand that fact but the Edge is H-edge-ing their bets that the players will PG or reclass and havnt as of yet done so. If I were that player I wont do a PG Id red shirt on my dime and practice with the team.

The middie "committed" from Edge when is he committed for? Has he a verbal because he is in 9th grade? and is no longer in 8th grade yet he plays in a 2019 bracket.

Apparently it is their 6'3 200+ D guy. He's not committed but has offers from attending camps. He is a reclassified 2019. His brother did the same thing and is going to JHU next year.

Take a look at this picture via the link below, they have a bunch of huge kids on the team, which is 6'3"?

http://instagram.com/p/vgj0CbktxN/

How can a club purposely recruit older kids for grad year teams and then register teams in the wrong age division of tournaments? Tournament management, if they are aware, should be ashamed. With all of the talented teams I see playing all summer and fall this practice should be banned.

I coach an "elite" travel team based in Westchester County NY and felt the need to weigh in. The topic of holdbacks has been hotly debated in our program and we've concluded parents holding their kids back is obviously out of our control. We do not encourage this behavior but we will not prevent a child from trying out for their grade appropriate team. However, we will not permit our teams to play against programs playing down against younger competition. That is something we can control. We have contacted all of the tournament directors in which we are registered and put them on notice. We have been assured by each that "age verification" will be thoroughly enforced. We can not allow cheating at the program and tournament levels to go unchecked. It starts with each program reviewing policies and procedures and taking a stand.

I guess you wont be doing any Maryland Tournaments against elite teams..All are grade based with holdbacksnow.