[/quote]

Complete straw man arguments. Soccer does great with a strict age based system . Colleges recruit just fine without the grade based system, All competition in US is just like it is all over the world.. Jan 1 to Dec 31. Age based ,, USA soccer world cup woes have nothing to do with you straw man argument.. Tiny Spain goes by age based too and they do just fine in world cup. I actually tried to explain to a Spanish soccer rep about grade based lacrosse and youth..He said I was nuts! LOL

And to top it off you make the argument against holdbacks ! " kids are at the bottom of the age range and are always playing against older kids" So you think it is ok for select holdback kids to be the oldest but only them, not on age based kids??? LOL

Hockey AAA at top level is strictly year born based like Soccer..Might want to look up AAA Hockey in Michigan or anywhere ( State that has produced most NHL players) . Many youth rec/club hockey are Sept 1-Aug 31 like Lacrosse used to be for over 50 years until recently.

Lacrosse has only been grade based in last 5 years..Somehow it survived for many years..Even Crabs top Youth teams were U13 and U15 plus they had High School teams which were based on grade ( rightly so) .

I am glad you are doing something with HOCO..But you will never get anywhere with this Top Hall of Shame league. I wrote to them several times at beginning. Got NO WHERE ! Not sure now..But a few years ago, HOCO personal had children and ties to Private school with holdbacks.. Go figure

[/quote]

Uhh. Soccer stinks and doesn't do well with an age based system. You are also ignoring the 8/1 start date.
I didn't say it was ok. I said the fairest system is to base it on exact birth date. That gets rid of any age bias.
Hockey is not strictly age based and I posted the link.
Lacrosse recruits just fine with class based. No one is complaining about recruiting except for LI moaners. BTW, only 5 states in the US use a 1/1 start date for class year.
So you think you are going to shame the lacrosse world by posting on this forum. It's time to move on little man. This subject has worn you out.