Originally Posted by Anonymous
"The ones that are getting hurt by this are the area's where it is running rampant, like MD. The holdbacks are taking all of the positions and opportunities, from the kids that are suppose to be getting them."

And there it is. The plague is taking opportunities from kids who deserve them. The system is rewarding the plague. Your issue is with the NCAA and the league and then the parents. I am agreeing with you. The NCAA doesn't care about holdbacks because they like them. Look at Navy because they are the worst. They recruit holdbacks and then ask them to do another year at Prep. They are getting 21 year old freshman and they love it for a number of reasons. They are older, more mature and are easier to get through the process because they have higher test scores.

LI is holding out but it is creeping in.

All very valid points, but sadly, no solution in sight...our kids will be probably be out of college before things finally change

You know what is the funniest part of all this? The two top LI teams have no holdbacks. Yet, they are some of the top teams at this grade, and one of them is quite possibly the best anywhere. That will likely be determined this summer. So on age teams are as good or better than teams a year of two older, which has been going on since grade two. Think about that. If that's the case, why are all of the clubs chasing after holdbacks?

Food for thought for all you parents of on age kids, in MD. You all are thinking, my kid is good, but he doesnt get the opportunities. I can tell you, you are most likely correct.

There's always the other divisions of HoCo as an option for all MD youngsters (2024 Elite, AA, A, B). I really only hear the LI donks complaining on the MD forum.

I got a better idea. Put your 15 year old with the other 15 year olds. And let the 12 year old's play the other 12 year olds, in what is suppose to be the 12 year old division. How bout that?