Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by cltlax
I have to ask, My younger son plays travel hockey, all those teams go by birth year. is there a reason why travel lax has not done the same?

Similarly, all of youth soccer has gone age-based (Jan 1). Somehow all of those players are still getting into college. Doesn't seem very difficult.

UMMM US Lacrosse has age guidelines as well. September is the most logical as it mirrors many school systems. However, HOCO chooses not to use US Lacrosse guidelines. Funny how the US Lacrosse in in Sparks not far from the home base for several clubs and yet they have no influence on the youth game. US Lacrosse should reach out and make a bigger push or get out of the way. The age guidelines US Lacrosse uses should be enforced by a Howard County public league.

Why is September the most logical if you are going age based instead of class? Why not calendar year since the entire country thinks January 1st is the first day of the year but not every school system starts on 9/1. Why not March 1st since that's the approximate start date of the league and that's when you really are trying to regulate the age. It's not so easy.

USL is a joke. It has no power and is completely in-bred and full of cronyism. It exists merely to feed itself.

It is easy.. Pick a date. Sept 1 works with majority of school systems. Or Jan 1 which soccer has done. It isnt that hard, It is just a date all have to live with. We are talking YOUTH sports ?? RIght ?? High School is still grade last I checked ??