Originally Posted by Anonymous

It's not against the rules. Don't play against them if you are so concerned.

A double hold back is one thing, but a pre first kid at a private school isn't a sinister plot to overthrow LI.

Yes, it might be a disguised money grab for the schools, but generally parents don't have any recourse if the
school makes the decision. The decision is usually based on a kids maturity level and not so much on academic performance.

This post typifies the Madlax hold back parent absolutely perfectly!! Dude. A kid that starts school a year later, is a year older than his peers. He’s a holdback. Not a “sort of” holdback. A full fledged cheating holdback. Since ALL Madlax DC prep school kids are a year older from starting school a year late, they don’t see them as holdbacks. They think only their kids that start school a year late AND are then held back AGAIN are real holdbacks, of which they have many! Those kids will be 15 years old this year! On LI these kids would be 2022’s and FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL! You people have very twisted minds.

Keep telling your kid whatever you want to on the ride home from the field. Most of the pre first kids were young to begin with...late summer birthdays. I know plenty that will be 14 in late July and August. You need the storyline to make you feel better and if that's what works at your dinner table, great.

I’m sure you do have kids that will be 14 in July and August. Is that, in your mind, somehow cheating less?? Those kids should be in 8th grade!

Since you brought it up... I can tell you, there are several starters on our LI 2024 team that will still be 12 in July and August, and far later than that. Yes. Twelve.

I’m sure you know several of your kids that will be 14 during months throughout the winter and spring, so the fact that you single out a couple of kids that have summer birthdays, is really inconsequential, isn’t it? Kinda like an oserich sticking his head in the sand.

But enough with the holdbacks. Let’s talk Madlax double holdbacks. Yeah, the 15 year olds. Are some of those kids summer babies too? And if so, in the Madlax twisted fantasy world, is that somehow cheating less, also?? Ok. How many winter/spring double holdbacks? You don’t want to talk about any of the kids that are 15 already or will be in the next few months? Doing the ostrich thing again?

Yes, there are also 12 year old kids in 7th grade, and on these DC/MD teams as well.

Assuming you are not a DC Madlax parent, I’m sure you are correct. But that 12 year old is on the bottom half of your roster with 15 holdbacks in front of him, so poor kid never sees the field. Ours all start.