Originally Posted by Anonymous
My sons top HOCO team should have 3 players who would miss the cutoff. Sure they’d be competitive with the other teams as they are all year if they went a few boys down, and would certainly demolish most of the teams outside the top 3. Just choose not to go and spend an xtra 50% of our dues to go. I’m sure its an awesome experience for the kids. Who cares who goes or not?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked, the organizations pick the tournaments, not the parents. In fact, there is no consultation with the parents at all, is there. In fact, it doesn't matter if parents want to go or not, now does it.

So you really don't "choose" not to go, right?

Truth is, you have more hold backs than you know, as they don't normally wear their birth certificate on their sleeve. If your team had any shot at all of being competitive, without all of your hold backs, your organization would have you in that thing in a heart beat, based solely on the exposure/business opportunity that it represents for the club. They don't care what it costs you. It is completely inconsequential to them.

Remember, I don't care what club your kid is on, every club, like every business is in business to make a profit. Winning that tourney or even just getting to the championship game makes for a very fat bottom line for the club, for years to come.

Make no mistake, "you" and the rest of the parents have no control whether your team goes or not. So, let's just start that post over again, shall we??