Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

Which leads me to my next serious question, why are MD players so bad that they have to cheat and still lose. But we’ll leave that serious question for next time.

Until then, say hey to Junior for me.

~Sal from LI