Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guys from the Island,
It's a 2024 grad year division and a 2024 grad year forum. If you want to talk about ages and holdbacks and come up with excuse after excuse, go for it (or just play soccer, where it's all about birthdates). If you saw Madlax play this spring, you'd realize that the kid who played for DC Dogs last year isn't even the best player on the team (or probably even the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best). And the frightening part about him is that he's on age. Just take a look at his dad on the sideline this summer. Oh, and wait until next year, when #24 from last year (who's playing up for the Dogs this year even though he's in 7th grade) is on their first line. Will be even more for your girls to be scared of then.

Love how the Madlax parents trash their own players. The DCDogs 23 holdback kid, basically stinks?! I’m sure his parents will love hearing that, from one of their own. But I must say, everything that I know about your club, sadly that is to be expected.

And, yeah, I’m sure the kid who played for ‘23’s until this year, isnt a holdback! Yeah right! In MD where basically every player is a holdback, this 6’ 170 lb 2023 player is not a holdback? Ok. He’s 12 years old! Hahahaha. Funny, because your previous marque holdback #24 says that he is one of seven new holdbacks this year, which were brought aboard to help fill the void left by his leaving and playing on age with the 2023’s.

That’s right. Your #24 man-child admits to being a holdback, admits that the DCDogs ‘23 player is a holdback, along with 6 additional holdbacks, just this year alone. Yup. The LI kids are pretty chummy with your boys on social media. We get ALL the inside scoop, straight from YOUR players. There isnt an on age player on Madlax that touches the turf!!!

Which leads me back to the same old question, why are your players so inferior that they have to play down one year, or more, just to be able to compete with teams from the island? I gotta be honest, i’d Seriously be embarrassed if my kid played on a team that only played down, just to hopefully be able to win a few youth lacrosse games that absolutely nobody cares about.

On the island, our kids play up when possible to challenge them. Never ever considered having my kid play down. Why would I? How can playing younger, smaller, less experienced kids help his development? If playing down seemed like a good option for his development, I’d say he needs to find a new sport, because there obviously wouldn’t be much of s future for him in lacrosse!

Which is exactly the reason why Madlax and the other cheater teams aren’t nearly as good as they should be, fielding teams that are a year older than their LI competition. They recruit holdbacks. They horde holdbacks. They play almost exclusively HOLDBACKS. These holdbacks are not top tier talent. Far from it. Most of their holdbacks are subpar players that couldn’t get any playing time with kids their own age. The great majority are subpar athletes. Once the size advantage goes away, they will be riding the pines the rest of their lacrosse careers.

Simply, you don’t have the best players playing. You have the oldest, and biggest and strongest players playing. But no where close to the best players or athletes. I highly doubt that any subjective, reasonable mind would ever argue this. It’s posted on here all the time. LI teams have the talent, while MD teams have the size (hope so, they are a year+ older).

So, there you have it Madlax cheater dad. The reason why LI teams have the best lacrosse on the globe. We develop our players. MD cheats with older players. A plan that backfired on them.

Serves you right. Don’t you know, cheaters never prosper!

Another perfect example of this, this past weekend...

"Simply, you don’t have the best players playing. You have the oldest, and biggest and strongest players playing. But no where close to the best players or athletes. I highly doubt that any subjective, reasonable mind would ever argue this."

News flash. Bigger does not = better.

Bigger = bigger.
Better = better.

Your MD holdback team this past weekend was yet another perfect example of this. I've never seen a larger 7th grade team than the Hawks. That team is high school "man-sized". I mean super-sized! Yet, to a player, they were subpar in every category... skill, speed, quickness, power and IQ. I apologize for the honesty. Just pointing out the obvious.

MD teams need to focus on real talented players, and not just size and age. If you've got little five foot 12 year olds beating up on your 14 and 15 year olds, what you are doing aint working.

Good luck to all of the parents of on age talented MD players. You're always welcome should you decide to move to the Island. We'll find a spot for your talented on-age boy on the Pack. You'll have more fun anyway! It's more fun winning with integrity!