Originally Posted by Anonymous
Almost everything said in this post is factually incorrect or a false assumption/inference so well done with that. The most amusing thing is that a LI parent would have the temerity to call out parents from another team. LI parents are by far the worst lacrosse parents around, one day at a lacrosse tournament where LI teams are involved is all anyone needs to see that. A simple read through the LI Board is also a good proxy for this. If it comes down to parents of kids with a summer birthday who choose to "hold them back" before going into K (by the way plenty of studies show this is beneficial for the kids on many levels) vs. parents who psychotically (and cowardly) scream "see you in Denver" at 13 yo kids who are a couple of feet away walking back to their tent, I personally will take the "holdback" parents every day.

Great response, Madlax parent.

You didn't have a single rational rebuttal against any of the hold back accusations (because there OBVIOUSLY aren't any), except to once again claim "summer birthdays".

It's very interesting that once all of the cheater teams have been factually outed, and the lies come to an end, the holdback dads all (OK, it's all actually just one one Madlax guy) claim that every holdback on their team (i.e. every kid on their team) mysteriously has a "summer birthday", of which most are the end of August, which strangely enough coincides almost to the day with the WSYL 9/1 cutoff date, which is the event/date that actually outed all of the cheater teams.

Now, they all just missed that deadline and entire teams strangely have 8/31/05 birthdays. Wow, amazing how 30 kids on about 10 teams have birthdays on 8/31/05!! Obviously, more lies from the cheater holdback parents, but I must say, very much anticipated as well as amusing!!

CHEAT-ON... HOLDBACK PARENTS!!

OK, did not want to go through the tedium of rebutting the "fake facts" since the reality is that none of them but one can be actually verified by anyone on an anonymous board. I will attempt to since I am eating my lunch and it amuses me so. I am glad you used the word accusations because that is what they are, not facts, simply assumptions.

The one fact that can somewhat be verified is that there are not 30 kids on the top Madlax team, there are 26 listed on the website and the roster is actually a bit smaller than that so basically the initial fact is wrong and relatively verifiable.

The 80% number is very wrong as well but since no one on this board can verify either way not worth going into other than to say our family actually plays in MD and knows the ages of kids way better than anyone in LI does.

I guess my real question for you is why the obsession with holdbacks. I don't think anyone on this board has said there are not holdbacks on these teams.
The reality is that these decisions, for the most part, are made when a child is 4/5 years old (yes the vast majority of them are summer birthdays) and I am guessing in 99.9% of the cases not once did lacrosse come up as a reason for doing it. The actual and very understandable reasons for this have been discussed ad nauseam so I will not go into it. As the parent of an "on age" elite player I actually have no issue with these "holdbacks". In addition the parents do not set the rules for the league, age/grade based. I actually do not mind the grade based teams as kids get to play with other kids they are in the same grade with, not the worst thing in the world. I know you will now say, but what about the double holdbacks. Does this happen, yup. Am I fan of it, nope. Is the issue so large that I lose sleep over it, nope. I think there is a misguided belief in LI that all the kids on elite teams are double holdbacks, this is simply not true. Reality is the age gap (which is what we are really talking about) is much less than what LI people think or complain about on this Board. Once again my belief versus someone elses, believe what you want.

Finally, as I am finishing my sandwich, the word "cheater" gets thrown around a lot on the board, can you please give me the definition of cheating. I am not aware of any MD teams trying to sneak into the WSYL on fake birth certificates, from what I know they only play in tournaments and games where they are eligible to compete. By the way there is actually a very simple solution to this, don't play in grade based tournaments if it is so unjust. I don't think anyone in MD would care at all if LI didn't show up because at the end of the day this is 7th grade lacrosse, who really cares as long as the kids are having fun.

Almost everything said in this post is factually incorrect or a false assumption/inference so well done with that. The most amusing thing is that a LI parent would have the temerity to call out parents from another team. LI parents are by far the worst lacrosse parents around, one day at a lacrosse tournament where LI teams are involved is all anyone needs to see that. A simple read through the LI Board is also a good proxy for this. If it comes down to parents of kids with a summer birthday who choose to "hold them back" before going into K (by the way plenty of studies show this is beneficial for the kids on many levels) vs. parents who psychotically (and cowardly) scream "see you in Denver" at 13 yo kids who are a couple of feet away walking back to their tent, I personally will take the "holdback" parents every day.

Great response, Madlax parent.

You didn't have a single rational rebuttal against any of the hold back accusations (because there OBVIOUSLY aren't any), except to once again claim "summer birthdays".

It's very interesting that once all of the cheater teams have been factually outed, and the lies come to an end, the holdback dads all (OK, it's all actually just one one Madlax guy) claim that every holdback on their team (i.e. every kid on their team) mysteriously has a "summer birthday", of which most are the end of August, which strangely enough coincides almost to the day with the WSYL 9/1 cutoff date, which is the event/date that actually outed all of the cheater teams.

Now, they all just missed that deadline and entire teams strangely have 8/31/05 birthdays. Wow, amazing how 30 kids on about 10 teams have birthdays on 8/31/05!! Obviously, more lies from the cheater holdback parents, but I must say, very much anticipated as well as amusing!!

CHEAT-ON... HOLDBACK PARENTS!!

OK, did not want to go through the tedium of rebutting the "fake facts" since the reality is that none of them but one can be actually verified by anyone on an anonymous board. I will attempt to since I am eating my lunch and it amuses me so. I am glad you used the word accusations because that is what they are, not facts, simply assumptions.

The one fact that can somewhat be verified is that there are not 30 kids on the top Madlax team, there are 26 listed on the website and the roster is actually a bit smaller than that so basically the initial fact is wrong and relatively verifiable.

The 80% number is very wrong as well but since no one on this board can verify either way not worth going into other than to say our family actually plays in MD and knows the ages of kids way better than anyone in LI does.

I guess my real question for you is why the obsession with holdbacks. I don't think anyone on this board has said there are not holdbacks on these teams.
The reality is that these decisions, for the most part, are made when a child is 4/5 years old (yes the vast majority of them are summer birthdays) and I am guessing in 99.9% of the cases not once did lacrosse come up as a reason for doing it. The actual and very understandable reasons for this have been discussed ad nauseam so I will not go into it. As the parent of an "on age" elite player I actually have no issue with these "holdbacks". In addition the parents do not set the rules for the league, age/grade based. I actually do not mind the grade based teams as kids get to play with other kids they are in the same grade with, not the worst thing in the world. I know you will now say, but what about the double holdbacks. Does this happen, yup. Am I fan of it, nope. Is the issue so large that I lose sleep over it, nope. I think there is a misguided belief in LI that all the kids on elite teams are double holdbacks, this is simply not true. Reality is the age gap (which is what we are really talking about) is much less than what LI people think or complain about on this Board. Once again my belief versus someone elses, believe what you want.

Finally, as I am finishing my sandwich, the word "cheater" gets thrown around a lot on the board, can you please give me the definition of cheating. I am not aware of any MD teams trying to sneak into the WSYL on fake birth certificates, from what I know they only play in tournaments and games where they are eligible to compete. By the way there is actually a very simple solution to this, don't play in grade based tournaments if it is so unjust. I don't think anyone in MD would care at all if LI didn't show up because at the end of the day this is 7th grade lacrosse, who really cares as long as the kids are having fun.

By the way, the holdback information doesn’t come from LI parents. It comes from MD on age parents like me. I’ve probably read every one of this LI guys posts, and from my perspective they are all accurate. MD elite level lacrosse is completely out of control. We all know it. Unless you are a holdback parent in which case you embrace it.