Originally Posted by Anonymous

Provide an alternative with dates of eligibility.

COMMON SENSE : Most Schools use Sept 1 ...USE THAT for Youth Lacrosse ( up to 8th grade) .. Somehow for 50 years YOUTH lacrosse survived based on Age until about 5 years ago when the Private school holdback/prefirst influence reared its ugly head.

Frankly the match that stated it was the ignorant people from HOCO ( who have children in Private schools) who started a GRADE base league instead of AGE based like ALL other leagues are in Howard County recreation Department.

HS is where you can get an your advantage. Common Sense.. HS is about grade and Youth is about AGE..Spin Away Prefirst/holdback apologists. More parents are reclassing/prefirst/holdback than ever before, Holdbacks are becoming an epidemic due to advantage in youth sports. Pretty Sad

Got it. You are upset because you are no longer the oldest in your class and you want to beat up on the June through August kids.

If it's an age group instead of a class based why does it have to be September. I think it should go by calendar year so my January kid is the oldest and you are the youngest.

The only answer is exact birth date. A kid celebrates his 12th birthday, they move out of 11U and into 12U/13U. And if a kid ages out during HoCo then tough. Good luck in trying to implement it as the parents with kids born in September - November or holdbacks will never agree. The teams shout about team function (nonsense at the youth level) and there's just more paperwork involved so the tournaments and clubs don't want the hassle.

The double holdback, however, is absolutely outrageous. This is a kid who is born prior to the 9/1 date and is then held back sometime again. Some of it is due to learning or social problems but some of it is absolutely sports related.

A lot of ignorant statements over a simple pick a date and stick with it. You must be a holdback parent whose kid couldnt make it, Jan , Yea Right . School is Sept 1..Common Sense. But give me ten reasons why there will be problems?? LOL. Soccer does Jan 1 which isnt the greatest date but it works for them and youth sports. But you probably know better than the largest sport on earth in recruiting players