Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think there’s some turnover coming. Apparently Next Level had a huge showing at their first tryout and it appears they will be the front runner for a lot of the 2024 turnover. I have to imagine there are plenty of madlax players looking to jump ship when you carry a 30 man roster. There are way too many talented players standing around and watching. No way some of these kids/parents stick around when they know next year will be huge for player development and preparing for high school. My bet is the playing field levels out next year. Not sure about DCE but all of those players from BLC have to be going somewhere?

I have heard the same thing. Don't get me wrong. Madlax will still be the team to beat this fall but I have a lot more respect for the kids and families that recognize that playing time and good coaching is more important than a t-shirt. It kills me to hear moms and dads bragging that their kid plays for the #1 team in the country. Nine times out of ten it is their oldest kid. Anyone that has been through this process before knows that 8th grade team rankings mean nothing. It is whether your kid has the ball in his stick in a real offense and he is getting better for high school. For 5 years now, Madlax has been all about starting the owners' two kids and giving the ball to the big kid. That is never going to change. Do you really want your son to be one of the 20+ short sticks vying for two righty attack spots or the 1 mid spot that clears through for the big kid as he runs over kids half his size. Nobody is getting better in that offense. Not even the big kid.