Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seen all these teams play the past couple of months. From MD to LI. No one is beating this Wolfpack team. You can trash me and I'm a MD guy. The teams in our area shoot it out against each other. Great games back and forth and the match-ups are great. But I have watched this Wolfpack dismantle teams over a whole game. You might get the jump on them at first, but they simply wear teams down. Their first lines across the board are ridiculously talented and there is very little drop off from there. Their secret in my view is they are very unselfish lacrosse players. I watched their attack make the extra pass when there didn't look like there was one there, The middies are work horses and the defense and goalie play very in tune with each other. Not a LI fan but this Lax team is legit. Bash all you want and that fine, but credit is due where its due.

I hear ya, and I can promise you I am not a Madlax parent. They (Madlax) haven't lost in a solid year and a half, and this year they picked up two offensive players that are significantly more impactful than #24 has been in the past. This team is much, much different than years past. They have 30 players and the competition they see in MD, DC and VA every weekend is definitely stronger than Express and Legacy.

I am sorry but I don't see how on age teams can really consistently beat a team like Madlax. Size difference is just too much especially with 2 to 4 games on a Sunday to win the tournament and they are good lax players. I am not bashing holdback's either I get it, but it is just reality a year is a huge difference especially in a 13 or 14 year old. Testosterone the older kids going to be faster and stronger it is just reality. In high school evens out once everyone has hit puberty.

Seen all these teams play the past couple of months. From MD to LI. No one is beating this Wolfpack team. You can trash me and I'm a MD guy. The teams in our area shoot it out against each other. Great games back and forth and the match-ups are great. But I have watched this Wolfpack dismantle teams over a whole game. You might get the jump on them at first, but they simply wear teams down. Their first lines across the board are ridiculously talented and there is very little drop off from there. Their secret in my view is they are very unselfish lacrosse players. I watched their attack make the extra pass when there didn't look like there was one there, The middies are work horses and the defense and goalie play very in tune with each other. Not a LI fan but this Lax team is legit. Bash all you want and that fine, but credit is due where its due.

I hear ya, and I can promise you I am not a Madlax parent. They (Madlax) haven't lost in a solid year and a half, and this year they picked up two offensive players that are significantly more impactful than #24 has been in the past. This team is much, much different than years past. They have 30 players and the competition they see in MD, DC and VA every weekend is definitely stronger than Express and Legacy.

I am sorry but I don't see how on age teams can really consistently beat a team like Madlax. Size difference is just too much especially with 2 to 4 games on a Sunday to win the tournament and they are good lax players. I am not bashing holdback's either I get it, but it is just reality a year is a huge difference especially in a 13 or 14 year old. Testosterone the older kids going to be faster and stronger it is just reality. In high school evens out once everyone has hit puberty.

You would have a very different opinion if you witnessed the carnage when WP systematically dismembered the enormous hawks holdback team. It was one of the worst butt kickings I’ve seen in a very long time, and it was the championship game, so your little theory doesn’t hold any water. At all. In this case, skill beats size/age every time.