One issue is the LI trollers continue to try and compare the age based system to the class based system and they aren't the same.
I do think the class based system is out of whack when you have rosters comprised of more than 50% of the players born prior to the 9/1 date and some born as much as 11 months before. I have spoken to HoCo and they continue to say the competition committee decides the rules and those clubs have no interest in changing the rules. They divide the divisions based on skill and age comes into play. The elite division rosters are all older than those of the lower tiers. The teams whose records are at the bottom are given more favor if their rosters are older so they don't physically dominate the younger rosters even if they are of equal or maybe even lesser skill.
The best solution is by exact birth date where the kid wlll be the youngest and eventually the oldest on a roster but people always say "oh this ruins team chemistry" and that is BS at this age.
The above will never happen so I think the best is to have a class based solution with no more than 25% of the roster being born prior to 9/1. That's 4-5 kids per team. If HoCo did that, the MadLax's, BLC's and Team 91's would adjust their team tryouts and rosters accordingly. They'd shuffle some of the older kids to their B team rosters and it would balance things out for them. And if you are the 5th or 6th best oldest child on the roster, you should be playing rec or on a B until or if you get better.