Sal and Your LI Buds -

Good to hear from you as always. I love the spirited debate. I am still a little baffled that no one from LI can seem to answer a very simple question: why do you care so much about MD lacrosse? All I am asking for is one well reasoned response. I think I have been gracious enough to try and answer your questions so if one of you could take a stab at answering that question it would be much appreciated.

As to your last post we can debate age, % of team all you want, end of the day until birth dates are posted no one here really knows. It would not surprise me if some of the disgruntled people posting as "MD parents" are, wait for it, from LI. But that is neither here her nor there, and I will again concede that there are "off age" players as defined by WSYL or whatever governing body determines age groups for age based leagues and tournaments (which by the way we do not play in, so once again not cheaters). I also love how you play the game that even if you are on age but not born in an eight month window you are a holdback, very clever. Also your bizarre logic on the 50% of 26 means that 100% of the players who are on the field are holdbacks is 100% wrong since I know for a fact that at least on our elite team the starting 10 are no where near 100% holdback. As always believe what you want.

As to your final point you do realize this is a long game for many people don't you? A very high percentage of the kids on MD elite teams are either at, or will be attending, high schools that are consistently nationally ranked and each year send a good numbers of kids to top Div I schools. Once again if you want to define these kids as "bad" so be it, that is your opinion and you are more than welcome to it.

A final thought for you, you do realize that saying another team is good in no way detracts from whatever team you root for. I know that many of the LI teams I have seen play (or we played against) are excellent teams. I have also repeatedly wished the WSYL teams the best of luck, for those participating it will be a great experience. If you want to say (or maybe you are) the best 2024 team in the nation, then great, happy for you and your kids. In a year and a half these kids will be playing high school lacrosse and for those who won championships or were ranked #1 in the 7th grade they will have a great memory and for those who didn't it will all be irrelevant.

Well my caddie just told me the 1st tee is open so until next time.

Your loving friend,
Biff