Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to ask, My younger son plays travel hockey, all those teams go by birth year. is there a reason why travel lax has not done the same?

Largest Sport in World that recruits talent is by age, Soccer. Anyone with any sense or fairplay knows that youth sports should be by age.

Lacrosse is the only youth sport I know that is overrun with older kids at highest level playing against younger kids, and then claiming that same older players are superstars. Sad but Funny

I take it your kid is one of the kids getting "run" over. Get used to it. He is still going to be small in high school.

Hey double holdback dad. You really think your behemoth son is getting better playing against little kids? If he had any potential he’d be on HS varsity right now, now wouldn’t he? I mean at 6’2” and 175 pounds, he’s bigger than practically every player on varsity. Yet you have him playing against small children. Is it a confidence problem. He’s afraid of kids his own age and size? Toughen the kid up! Time to throw out the binkie and the pull-ups, and become a big boy. By the way, those little boys that he is competing against, are growing up. Before long, they will be his size or larger. Then what’s your holdback going to do, go back to his blankie? Maybe you should hold on to the pull-ups, after all.