Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax will be just fine, they'll run the table again. They still have their star attackman and they picked up a new man-child at middie. The kids got to be 6 feet tall and 160lbs. Runs well and really can't be stopped when he's running downhill. Question is why did 91play a bunch of teams this weekend that are barely A caliber teams after shooting off their mouths about only playing the best of the best. Hawks and BLC have to be the favorites for the Spring.

Let me translate. Man-child = cheater. Repeating 7th grade. 1-2 years older than the other kids. Instead of developing stick skills, using size as an unfair advantage. Not surprising for an organization like Madlax. Coach has to recruit older kids rather than developing the kids he has.

I actually know the new middie. Not a holdback--parents are tall and were also athletes

He is 100% a holdback. Huge kid. Madlax has reloaded with new kids and will be the #1 team nationally. Again.

Saw his parents at Battle on the Bay. They were pretty big themselves. But I have to say, his muscular development and movement makes it look like he is a year or two older than the other kids. Regardless, that advantage doesn't last. Next year the rest of the kids will catch up.

This is not true the magic you guys keep hoping for, The catching up will not happen. The reclass kid no matter which one will still be a year to two years older this is not how math works people. Your kid might hit his growth spurt but the hold back kid will have the advantage of playing with his size for a full year or two. Your son will just be learning his new 3 inches of height and how to move. They will just all look the same size but this is only if the hold back has stopped growing. But most boys grow for 18 years not 11 or 12. Just ask your self this what does a 19 year old and and 15 year old look like???? Or a 17 and a 19 year old?? The advantage never goes away. You can maybe argue it does in college.

Next year things even out because it will be 8th grade and he'll have to deal with the kids who reclassify.