Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many on age players play in the HoCo league of cheaters? Obviously less than 15 total, or one of the cheater clubs would be sending a team to the WORLD SERIES OF YOUTH LACROSSE to compete for the world championship of 13 year old lacrosse (sorry, no 14 and 15 year olds allowed, cheater teams)!

But you guys keep stockpiling your 14 and 15 year olds, just to have a “chance” at beating 13 year olds from LI, in some meaningless 7th grade tournament, that everyone forgets about on the ride home. Sorry. I don’t mean to belittle your games with LI teams because I’m sure it’s like the super bowl to your boys. But to us it’s [ChillLaxin] hum. Nobody cares. Especially when our boys will be playing for a TRUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

I know. Compared to that, your boys have nothing to look forward to this summer, except maybe getting their drivers liscence.

Have fun in your little HoCo play dates.

From previous poster....

"First, in case you haven't heard MD plays in a grade based system (not Intelligent, I agree but it is what it is). I am not aware of anyone playing on a team below their grade so the continuous calling of teams "cheaters" is wrong. Debate the merits of age vs. grade based all you want, but when someone follows the rules their league/tournament plays under it is not cheating.

Second, the good old "no older team than Madlax". You have no idea the ages of the kids on the Madlax, or any other team. I am very aware that there are a fair number of "on age" kids on Madlax and the vast majority of "holdbacks" are mid/late summer birthdays (in other words 1 to 2 months off age) but keep spouting "fake news" about how the poor little LI kids are all a year+ younger if it makes you feel better, no one in MD cares and you are simply wrong, that is a fact.

Third, "so, sooo bad". Such an unintelligent comment, hard to even respond but the reality is that a good number of these kids will go on to play at some of the top high school programs in the country and then go on to top colleges. If this is your definition of so bad then we will take being bad. Feel free to take a look at the UA Top 25, 7 teams in the top 25 are fed by HoCo elite (4 LI teams in the top 10 vs. 3 HoCo). Then take a look at the top ranked recruits and where they are from.

Fourth, if this is such a major issue for the LI teams then here is an idea, don't play in grade based tournaments. If LI lacrosse is "far suprior" as you say then stay on the island, hit the road for the WSYL, proclaim yourself the masters of the 2024 age group and enjoy yourself. If the best lacrosse is on LI then stay there and compete against the best. The constant complaining and moaning has become pathetic but is actually pretty smart. You have created a win-win for yourself. If you lose to a MD team then it is because every kid on the team is 1+ years older, if you win then you can continue to believe in the superiority of LI lacrosse since you beat a team in your mind that is "playing down".

I will simply end this with a quote from Col. Nathan R. Jessep: "Either way, I don't give a darn, what you think you are entitled to!"

See you at UMASS in July.